Wednesday, October 06, 2010

MOUTH TO MOUTH MP3's


Guy Greenhough (vocalist with Mouth To Mouth and The Vacants) requested I post these mp3's on here. These aren't my rips but were kindly sent to me last week by Bernd from Germany and are heard as they came. I'd only previously heard rough mixes of the songs from a CDR supplied by Guy which was mastered from a less than perfect tape.

The reason Guy wants me to post the Mouth To Mouth mp3's is because he came across this blog post online from a someone who recently turned a 50p charity shop find into a £670 eBay sale. Apparently blog poster 'bigmikeydread' thinks that the musical content of the record isn't worth his original 50p outlay. Obviously his musical tastes differ from ours, I mean, what's not to like? If the flawed genius of 'Gallery Of Dolls' doesn't convince you first then the train wreck that is 'Life In The Subterrain' (which sounds like a collision between early Desperate Bicycles and a VU 'White Light White Heat' out-take) will surely have you rearranging the top end of that wants list.

That huge eBay sale wasn't a one-off. Within days of the above eBay sale, modboy1 listed another copy which pulled in £544. Strangely, modboy1's copy was originally offered for sale by misterjukebox a month earlier only to be mysteriously ended early within 12 hours (check the labels!). Apparently misterjukebox's dog got his mucky paws all over the disc, at least that's what he told me. Yet modboy1 says 'NM condition'.

Hopefully a re-issue of the record will appear in the near future, Sing Sing Records in NYC really want to do it. Plus the winner of the modboy1 auction is going to get the disc professionally transfered to digital and is making noises about releasing it himself. Either way, whoever releases it, we'll be the winners.

My budget doesn't stretch to spending £500+ on one record, but if it did I would. Anyway, here's the mp3's, 'DIY punk masterpiece' or 'expensive shite' you decide...

Gallery Of Dolls

Life In The Subterrain

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All Mouth (to mouth) and no trousers!.....

what a letdown, the record hasnt lived up to the internet ruckus.

Worthless Trash said...

Anonymous comments hold no credibility here. Leave some sort of name please.

elvis said...

HAVE TO AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS ON THIS ONE......nothing special happening here

roberto said...

I like the two tracks,a little preference for life In The Subterrain with its acid organ...and now waiting for the reissue (bonus tracks?).Thanks

Bidder #2 said...

Mediocre at best. Would have been a nice trade item had I won it though.

bristolboy said...

Whatever!! - I like "Life in the Subterrain"
Not sure I need it in my collection though (saying that if I come across it for 50p [or even £50] I'm not gonna pass it by)

garychching said...

A bit late to the party, and I'm with Bruce in terms of preferecne.

Good post.